11.21.2008

hmm...that's interesting....

For years I was an emotional eater...happy sad...bored...mad...i would grab something to much on and munch the pain or whatever emotion away...well when i realized this was my way of dealing and coping i started to ask that this be taken away...

at first i wasnt sure if this was happening...as i would still sometimes munch when things would happen...but then i began to really pay attention to my habits...and i am amazed that now i am one of those people that no longer turn to food for comfort...sounds great right?!?!?

well it would be if it wasn't for the fact that today i had a very emotionally draining conversation
and i am really really dealing with it as best that i can....but i had the conversation right before my lunch break...
and now i'm not hungry...
actually there is a knot so huge in the center of my stomach that i can't imagine even beginning to eat...i went to lunch anyway...and ate about three forkfuls of my salad and three lemon heads...
i'm beginning to now think that maybe i'm an emotional drinker...
actually i'm beginning to know that i am emotional drinker...
but leaving work to go to binny's and get a 5th of anything is completely out of the question...
i mean for real....
drinking at work....
that's not my thing....

but to be honest....

sometimes i wish that i could still eat emotionally...

at worst it'll cost me the 30lbs i lost....


but...you know





at least it would give me something to do until i am able to process the pain that is in my chest....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, unfortunately I can identify with you all too much. Reading your blog made me feel quite uncomfortable...I guess because sometimes I feel the EXACT SAME WAY! I guess because it is an escape ..its another way to mute whats going on inside...its a drug. All I can say is let it burn...because experiencing pain is a part of life. Damn this blog! ..now im feeling reflective of how i deal with my emotions!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in 2004, I went on a 60lb weight loss journey. In the midst of it, i went through the most horrible break up. even though I am an emotional eater, it actually made me turn away from food. I think it was because in those months b4 the devastation, i'd trained my body to only seek food for nourishment and not comfort. Needless to say, I did the complete opposite and stopped eating all together and binged on working out. I ended up being dehydrated and passing out at the flea market one day. Crazy situation.

    But after a scolding from the doctor (and losing 10 more lbs), I ended up regulating my eating habits. Now I eat way too damn much and I'm back on the emotional eater roller coaster. Can't wait to get off this mug

    Congrats on the 30 lb loss, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not an emotional eatter (besides when i am happy i eat like crazii) But when it comes to a drink i found myself in a bottle ALOT cuz i dont have my Mary Jane anymore...I think that we both need to find more healther ways of dealing with emotions whe n i figure it out you let me know!! By the way 30lbs or not you are still FABULOSO!! From Chanel

    ReplyDelete

talk to me......