2.13.2009

my momma

My momma is the 7th child in her family. And my grandma always told her that the 7th child is the lucky child, but also the sickly child. And she is. She was born with a heart murmur....a whole in her heart. She has had pneumonia twice. She had to have a hysterectomy two years ago cause she had fibroid tumors causing trouble. She has some kind of gastro intestinal disorder(which is where I get my stomach issues) and the wanted to do an invasive surgery at the beginning of the year but she declined. Three years ago she started having irregular mammograms. They had to do a biopsy. Found out it was benign but they put a chip in her breast to monitor the progression. Fast forward to Christmas Eve last year she had a mammogram. Irregular results. She goes back in for another in January. Irregular. Now she has a biopsy...a VERY invasive biopsy. That's last Tuesday. Yesterday she receives a letter from the radiology department. Her biopsy was irregular. And today...
We're awaiting the results. And to be honest...right now I'm just scared. And I know she is so tired of being sick. She said to me the other day that she just wants to go one year without being sick. Without having some kind of surgery. She said she wishes that she could just be well. It reminds me of Paul in Hebrews when he asked the Lord three times to remove the thorn in his side to remove his affliction. I just want my momma's affliction removed. I just want her made whole. I know in our weakness God is strong. I just want her strong. I don't understand why she has to suffer so much. I don't get it.....every year its something and I just want my momma to see the babies grow up. And I want her to be healthy and whole like my grandma. My grandma made 79 wednesday. She doesn't have the illnesses and sickness like my momma family. I'm scared. I want her to stop being sick. My friends mommas aren't always sick. Why my mama always sick. I'm sorry. This sounds crazy but its my thoughts right now.
Pray for us....

2 comments:

talk to me......