4.06.2009

peeking my head in...updates and such.....

hey everyone.....
i have been majorly MIA i know.....
the last time i wrote a blog it was the day of diagnosis.....and it was the diagnosis that no one wanted to hear....
Momma was diagnosed with breast cancer. We have been moving forward with the doctors making sure that we treat the condition aggressively. I have been standing with her throughout this entire ordeal.....treatments...radiation...surgery....sooooo much....i'm growing and learning and hoping that there will be a day when Aetna health providers are taught how to deal with people that have cancer and other serious conditions.....
I know that there are many things that I can say to everyone regarding whats been happening but honestly I don't really want to.....

Thank you to EVERYONE that has sent me a note or tweeted me regarding my ma....I love yall for it.....


from there.....
i have been so doggone busy with working and helping momma and trying to make connections within my industry.
I had my first photo shoot last weekend....
it was an interesting experience watching myself on camera for over an hour.....
actually it was quite gross....i'm not narcissitic enough to enjoy it....besides my plan is to spend time BEHIND the camera.....not in front of it......
I am currently trying to really break into the industry...make sure that I make a place for brown thick girls!
I'm gonna be back on the prowl with my blogs a little more often now....we have made it out of the woods with mama....
and I'm on the move....
in a few days I'll tell y'all the story about me and the pawwy guy that wouldn't stop touching me....and now he won't stop calling.....
I'm thinking of sending him a text like this.....
Dear Paws:
you kept touching me even when I consistently asked you to stop....you took too many liberties with my person and now I would appreciate if you would simply walk towards Lake Michigan, northern end of course jump in and drown....
Without touching and hands off,
latrice.janine....

hmmm...i'm thinking that's my new text....
maybe i should add that too my voicemail...even though I am already being told that my voicemail is too long...but this should be well worth the trouble

until next time folks....

oh and i'm on twitter in case you didn't come from over there...even though i'm sure that that's why you all are from

twitter.com/1uppitynegress

smooches toodles
and all that!

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts r with your mom, Trice. Things will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm so late. I had no idea you were dealing with that with your mom. I pray that everything works out for her.

    Good luck on everythng else...especially getting mr. pawwy to drown lolr

    ReplyDelete

talk to me......