5.11.2010

...so maybe being a bitch ain't such a bad thing...

I am organized chaos personified....
like if something happened to me and my family had to go through my paperwork they would be horribly confused and probably more than a little angry at my "system". I understand this. I also know that if you need some paperwork from me, give me about an hour and I will have that file for available for your perusal. I still have copies of my papers from my very first foray into academia at the collegiate level. I keep everything of that sort because one never knows when it will become necessary to retrieve that paperwork.

To that end, I am also hyper professional and conduct business in like manner...I believe that everything should be done properly...minimum input maximum output...DO it right the first time...all of those cliched principles are thoughts I dwell on and live by daily. I figure there should always be a system of organization put into place to avoid having to redo things. I also think that when you have some sort of system in place, you HAVE to account for the possibility of things going awry.

You can be my very best friend, but I will separate the business interactions from the personal. It is necessary. People often times think that I am mean or abrupt because I like to get the business done then move into the other parts of life.

Because I am like this, I will fight tooth and nail for what I believe to be positive business practices...My artist I work with always calls me the pitbull when it comes to getting things taken care of properly...My friends simply say that I am a bitch when its time to get projects and work done...me I say that I am efficient.

Recently I was put in a situation where I began to second guess myself I worried that I was far to impatient and perhaps expected more of people than I should. Perhaps it was wrong for me to think there should have been a measurement of efficacy and a system of checks and blalances. In both situations I had to escalate the situation to a higher level, one being the Dean of Student Affairs and the other to the District Office of Financial Aid, in both situations because of my escalation of the issues, it proved not only beneficial to me, it proved to benefit other students around me as well. Initially in both situations I thought, perhaps I reacted too strongly, maybe I should not have expected these people to react in a more cognizant proactive manner, until it came time for resolution and it was revealed, had I not escalated the situations to these levels, then it would not have received the attention that it needed to receive to be resolved correctly.

In the end, I got the grade that I deserved in the course and I will receive the funding that is necessary for my coursework. As will about 5 other students in my class and at least 30 students in the district. I realized I am the person that shakes the tree cause otherwise it wouldn't move and things would not get done.
Perhaps I am abrupt and maybe even a bitch, but when you have me on your team rest assured you will get paid and things will be done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me......